Shangri-La, from “Lost Horizon” is an earthly paradise; a
beautiful timeless refuge where time stands still and peace,
serenity and longevity are a natural part of daily life.
Shangri-La – Beijing – Lijiang – Chengdu
Lhasa – Nam-Tso Lake - Tibet
Join Rebecca Kali and Mark Johnson for
the journey of a lifetime...a life changing journey!
We have over 40 years of experience in sharing
China’s incredible heritage, and cultural sites and
teaching Tai Ji, Qigong and Taoist Healing Arts.
Our tours are rich, fulfilling and safe.
They are life-expanding journeys
that will broaden your vision of the world
at the depth YOU are seeking!
We give personal attention to EVERY detail;
including the time and space for you to
REALLY experience some of the most spiritual sites
in the world at a deep and meaningful level.
A friendly relaxed atmosphere and
personalized care are hallmarks of our tours.
Comment from member of a previous tour:
“I really enjoyed EVERY MINUTE. It’s true!
I loved the whole thing. There were high points
every single day. Amazing agenda.
So rich...so full. I was mesmerized at each turn,
so many cultural norms to observe,
besides all the exquisite locations we visited.
Thank you so much for ALL you did
to make this fantastic trip happen.” K. Kunkel
Highlights of our Journey to Shangri-la
● Experience the wonder of Shangri-La: Shangri-La is a secret kingdom, an earthly paradise, isolated from the outside world where people find peace and find almost eternal vibrant health. Some say Shangri-La is located near the Himalayas some say it is really a state of mind...finding peace within and cultivating vital good health at any age. You may find both on our journey to Shangri-La, a town in northern Yunnan, near Tibet.
● Shangri-La, our destination, like Shangri-La from the story is a peaceful and incredibly beautiful land guarded by a Lama Temple. We will stay in a lovely traditional Tibetan guest house located right between the Zongzanlin Monastery, built by the 5th Dalai Lama in 1679 and a small Tibetan village. You will have time to explore with our group and on your own and experience the incredible sights, sounds, and the amazing energy of this unique and magical land.
● Explore Tibet, the roof top of the world where we stay in a beautiful Tibetan style hotel in the heart of Lhasa where the Pilgrim’s Circuit goes right past our door. Tour the Potala Palace once home of the Dalai Lama; Jorkang Temple, considered the most beautiful and sacred temple in Tibet.
● Learn about the daily life of Tibetan people as we visit traditional old style villages and are welcomed as guests of a Tibetan family in their home. Learn about Nomad Culture as we visit the Tibetan Grass Lands, Nomadic Herders in their tents, ride Yaks and picnic along the shore of incredibly beautiful turquoise Nam-Ttso Lake, the highest salt water lake in the world.
● Learn about Tibetan Medicine at the Tibetan Traditional Hospital; visit a Buddhist Nunnery near our hotel; shop for traditional art and handcrafts at Barkor,the famous 1,000 year old open market, right in the center of Lhasa; enjoy Tibetan Banquets and Dancing Shows
● Enjoy the picturesque old town of Lijiang with its cobble stone streets, stone bridges gracefully arching over canals fed by glacial streams overlooked by Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Visit Black Dragon Pool, Dongba Museum, Baisha Village, learn about the traditional life style of Naxi and other matriarchal cultures. Delectable food unique to Yunnan and Naxi Traditional Orchestra. Lijiang is one of the most charming spots in the world.
● Visit Chengdu,in SW China, where we will tour the Giant Panda Research Center and bamboo park, learn about Giant Pandas, Red Pandas and how we can support the survival of these endangered species Even have an opportunity to hold and photograph adorable baby Pandas. (with donation to Panda research) Enjoy the Sichuan Opera with Mask Changing Shows and Hot Pot Dinner and other world famous Sichuan Cuisine.
● Beijing: Explore the Forbidden City, with 890 buildings, it was China’s royal palace for 6 centuries; Temple of Heaven, where the emperor prayed for good harvests, a masterpiece of architecture and landscape; explore the Great Wall, one of the wonders of the world, stretching from the Yellow Sea in the east to the Gobi Desert, in the west.
● Benefit from (optional) daily Tai Chi and Qigong sessions including: Eight Extra Meridian Qigong, Anti-Ageing and Longevity Qigong, Stress Reduction Techniques, Five Element Theory, Daoist Inner Alchemy, Medical Qigong, Eight Brocades, Qigong Healing for yourself and others, Acupressure, Meditation and more...
Daily Qigong, Tai Chi, Meditation (optional) We will have Qigong and Tai Chi each morning featuring Eight Extra Meridian Qigong/Tai Chi. In the evenings we will have discussions of the day's events, philosophy, the more esoteric facets of Daoist cultivation and the spiritual aspects of "journey."
Eight Extra Meridian Qigong/Tai Chi is one of the most effective and powerful styles available today. It clears the body of toxins, stimulates the flow of Qi through the meridian system and energies and balances the nine chakras found only in Daoist Qigong. Mark developed Eight Extra Meridian Qigong/Tai Chi from the insights he gained after practicing and teaching Tai Chi and Qigong for over 40 years. With regular practice it addresses most of the main causes of today's health problems. Sessions end with time set aside to allow integration of your three energetic bodies. The genuine state of balance and vitality that practicing this form creates results in students leaving class with a sense of profound well being.
Special sessions are also included in our itinerary, often in beautiful parks: Mark Johnson will teach Eight Extra Meridian Qigong; and Tai Chi for Seniors, Qigong Warm-Ups including stimulation and detox of every cell in the body; Five Healing Sounds and Colors; Joint Loosening; Internal Alchemy; Brain Stimulation Techniques and Integrating our Physical, Meridian and Auric Bodies. Rebecca Kali will teach: Bua Duann Gin, also called Eight Pieces of Brocade (one of the oldest forms of Qigong), Medical Qigong for Healing Yourself and Others, Daoist Meditation, Qigong for Arthritis, Chronic Pain and Chronic Fatigue, Qigong for Anti-aging, and Daoist Meditation .
$3,900. trip fee for early registration by February 28, 2011 Journey to Shangri-La
$4,150 trip fee for registration after February 28, 2011
(see below for what is included in trip fee and what is not included)
Journey to Shangri-La - Begins at our hotel in Beijing on June 15 and ends at our hotel in Chengdu on the morning of June 30. What's included: The $3,900. trip fee: includes flights one way Beijing/Chengdu/Lijiang, flight Shangri-La to Lhasa, flight Lhasa to Chengdu, transportation by bus or private van included in our itinerary; all lodging (double occupancy accommodation); Tai Chi and Qigong study tuition; excursion and sightseeing; Tibet Travel Permit, translation; most meals, including banquets; admission charges to temples and tourist sites that are part of our itinerary which begins in Beijing on June 15 and ends in Chengdu on June 30, 2011. Single room is $575 US extra (Journey to Shangri-La)
* One group will depart from San Francisco. If you wish to travel with that group, our airline ticket agent can arrange group rate airfare for you. Trip members will begin tour at our hotel in Beijing on June 15th, trip ends at our hotel in Chengdu on the morning of June 30th.
What's not included: Trip fees do not include: the cost of travel to Beijing to meet our group at our hotel on June 15th, the cost at the end of the tour to travel from our hotel in Chengdu to your next destination or back home, any airfare including international airfare not listed as included, your Passport (required), your China Visa (required), your travel insurance (required), taxi or other transportation fees for extra excursions during free time, some lunches- including all lunches in Tibet; your snacks and extra beverages, gratuities to guides and drivers, and porters fees for your own gear; any medical cost, extra costs adjustment or delays due to your having limited ability to participate in the itinerary, costs due to your cancellation, excess baggage charges on airplane, laundry, any other personal purchases, any item not listed as included in the tour.
Trip fee includes double occupancy lodging. If you do not have a roommate and want to share a double occupancy room we will attempt to pair you with a suitable roommate of the same sex on a first come first served basis. We make no guarantees that we can find a suitable roommate for you. In the event you do not have a roommate or we are unable to pair you with a suitable roommate you will receive a single occupancy room and be required to pay the single room fee of $575 US extra.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE: Call our office at 218-365-6330 or 1-800-341-8895 inside USA, or email Rebecca at: [email protected] to reserve your space.
Confirm your reservation with an $800. deposit by phone or you may mail a check...
payable to: Qigong Alliance International, P.O. Box 750, Ely, MN 55731, USA
(deposits may be paid by check, credit card: Visa, Master Card, Disc. & Am. Express, money order or bank transfer)
BALANCE DUE: Trip fee balance is due by April 10, 2011
(unless you have contacted us to make other payment arrangements)
Credit cards accepted for $800 deposit, but checks or bank wire transfer are requested for balance of payments. (If you need to finance the trip with credit cards, it's acceptable, please call to arrange. The trip is not priced for everyone to pay by credit card.)
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY: If the tour participant cancels the program, refunds will be made according to the following schedule of cancellation fees:
1. If cancellation notice is received before midnight January 31, 2011 - $300 administration fee plus any out of pocket expenses incurred for trip member’s portion of the trip including airline tickets.
2. If cancellation notice is received before midnight February. 1 to midnight March. 7, 2011 - $500. administration fee plus any out of pocket expenses incurred for trip member’s portion of the trip including airline tickets.
3. If cancellation notice is received before midnight March. 8 to midnight April 7, 2011 - $800. administration fee plus any out of pocket expenses incurred for trip member’s portion of the trip including airline tickets.
4. If cancellation notice is received before midnight April. 8, 2011 and departure date of trip, - $1,000. administration fee plus any out of pocket expenses incurred for trip member’s portion of the trip including airline tickets.
5. There are no refunds for termination of travel AFTER trip begins. Even if a member must involuntarily cancel for physical health reasons AFTER the trip within China has begun, and does not use a portion of their already pre-paid services, no refunds will be made. No refunds are made for unused excursions and special program activities.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We require that all trip participants purchase travel insurance which includes coverage of trip cancellation fees. Check the terms and conditions of your travel insurance policy as they are defined in the policy's cancellation clause. It will outline your coverage, its limitations and exclusions. http://www.insuremytrip.com is one website that features comparisons of travel insurance policies from several different companies.
At time of registration you will receive a detailed list of what to bring, what to wear, tips for traveling in China and Tibet, etc. A suggested reading list will also be provided.
Have questions? We look forward to talking with you! Please call or send us an email.
Rebecca Kali: phone: 1-800-341-8895 e-mail: [email protected]
Mark Johnson: phone: 1-800-497-4244 e-mail: [email protected]
We look forward to sharing this wonderful journey with you!
Dao of Well Being Tours
Qigong Alliance International - Qigong China Trips
P.O. Box 750, Ely, MN 55731
1-800-341-8895 [email protected] member American Society of Travel Agents